Facial aesthetic surgery, also known as plastic or cosmetic surgery, is a medical specialty that involves improving the appearance of the face through surgical procedures. There are various types of facial aesthetic surgery, which can address different concerns such as signs of aging, facial symmetry, and facial features.
Some common types of facial aesthetic surgery include:
- Facelift: This procedure involves lifting and tightening the skin of the face and neck to reduce the appearance of sagging and wrinkles.
- Rhinoplasty: Also known as a nose job, this surgery involves reshaping the nose to improve its appearance or function.
- Eyelid surgery: This surgery, also known as blepharoplasty, is done to improve the appearance of the eyelids by removing excess skin or fat.
- Brow lift: This procedure is done to lift the brow and forehead area to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and improve facial symmetry.
- Chin augmentation: This surgery involves the placement of an implant to enhance the appearance of the chin and balance the facial features.
It’s important to note that facial aesthetic surgery is a major medical procedure that involves risks and potential complications. It should only be performed by a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon after a thorough consultation and evaluation of the patient’s health and aesthetic goals.